Sorrow & Joy
"You will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy."
John 16:20 (Amplified Bible)
If you are a child of God this verse applies to you.
Only the children of God possess the ability to experience true joy, because joy comes from the presence of the Holy Spirit living in the heart and mind of a Christian, a regenerated individual.
Otherwise, the truth of the above verse does not apply to you, because you are living a life of sin and bondage, without the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit.
With Him you can have everything that is eternally true and lasting. You can have life eternal, accompanied by His presence, His blessing, His correction, His teaching and His loving you every hour of your day.
Nothing you can do by your own works, can save you. Only the Lord Jesus Christ can regenerate your soul, show you your sin and enlighten your mind in a way that you have never experienced.
If you have never acknowledged your sinful estate and your need for God's saving grace,
refresh your soul with these blessed truths.
1. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23
You were born in sin and because this is true, your sinful heart loves and lives in everything that is contrary to God's Word. You have no life in Him because you are living in sin and darkness.
2. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life" John 3:16
To believe in the absolute authority of the Lord Jesus to the saving of your soul, you must first have some degree of knowledge of Him; however, knowledge alone cannot save you from eternal death and a life lived in Hell forever.
Open your Bible to the Book of John (found in the New Testament). Begin reading.Try to read a little every day. As you read, ask God to open your eyes and your heart to His truth. Ask Him to bless your understanding and give you faith to believe and receive His truth into your heart and understanding. Ask Him to save you.
3. Jesus Christ is the Savior. The name Jesus is the Old Testament name Joshua which means "Jehovah saves." Jesus is Jehovah coming to save His people. He is "God with us" (Matthew 1:23).
4. We need a Savior. Why?
We have a sin problem. The Bible is clear."There is none righteous, no not even one" (Romans 3:10).
"For all have sinned" (Romans 6:23).
5. The Good news is:
"That Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures" (I Corinthians 15:3-4)
6. Jesus came into the world to save His people from their sins. Jesus saves us from the guilt of sin. "Much more will the blood of Jesus cleanse your conscience." (Hebrews 9:14).
The Scripture says that without the shedding of blood there is no remission, no forgiveness. This means all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Sin condemns us and we need to be cleansed and forgiven. Jesus death on the cross secured our salvation in that He payed for our sins, He took our penalty, our sin and our guilt upon Himself, satisfying God's command that no person could ever enter the Kingdom of God without being covered, so to speak, in the blood of the Lord Jesus - without being forgiven.
Read these Bible verses:
1.Recognize your sins: (I John 1:9).
2. Turn from your sins: (Acts 3:19)
3. Trust in Jesus as your Savior: (Acts 16:30).
4. Ask Him to save your soul and give you His precious gift of salvation. (Matthew 11:28;
John 7:37; John 6:37).