Feeding on God's Word is to meditate on what you read, much like eating and chewing your food.
Here are some practial ways of doing this:
First, pick out a single verse that you would like to think about.
Second, write out the verse on a note cardof a piece of paper.
Third, carry that verse with you whereever you go.
Fourth, refresh your memory as opportunity occurs by re-reading it.
Fifth, pray over the verse. Ask God to give you a blessing out of the verse and reveal to you its beauty and preciousness.
Sixth, ponder each word separately.
Seventh, ask questions about the verse as you seek to discover its deeper meaning.
What Does God Require in the 5th Commandment?
The 5th Commandment requires the preserving the honor, and performing the duties, belonging to every one in their different places in life and in their relationships as either
superiors, inferiors, or equals.
What is forbidden in the 5th Commandment?
The 5th commandment forbids
the neglecting of,
or doing any thing against,
the honor and duty which belongs to every one in their different places
and in their relationships.
What Is The Reason That Is Added To the 5th Commandment?
The reason that is added is a promise of long life and properity
(as far as it shall serve for God's glory and their own good)
to all who keep this commandment
1. Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands, as unto the Lord (Ephesians 5:22). Children obey your parents in the Lord (Ephesians 6:1). Let every soul be subject to the higher powers (Romans 13:1).
2. You masters, act on the same [principle] toward them, and give up threatening and using violent and abusive words, knowing that He Who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and that there is no repsect of persons - no partiality - with Him(Ephesians 6:9 Amplified Bible).
3. Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love: in honor preferring one another (Romans 12:10.
4. Render therefore to all their dues (Romans 13:7).
5. Honor thy father and mother: (which is the first commandment with promise) (Ephesians 6:2).
Ina Manly Painter
105 Center Park Dr., Suite 200
Knoxville, TN 37922
Or use our contact form.